Sunday, April 05, 2020

Chasing Ghosts

Today is the anniversary (is that the correct reference?) of my mothers death.  Two years ago.

And the IRS letters pursuing my mother’s estate tax obligations (my grandmother’s to her, not my mothers estate (if you can call it that) to me/my siblings) - has not stopped.

It scares me.  It makes be paranoid about the safety of my assets, and what it means if they (IRS) are not satisfied, for my children’s assets.  When do they stop standing at the door for “more”.

There is really nothing there to chase.  My parents died with nothing.  Whittled down to pennies on the dollar.  Under the current health issues, they would not have survived.

But there are no emotion when they decide to take.  And that causes paranoia and anxiety.  And I don’t have a way to escape it.

I am not worried about me - but I need to ensure that it stops with me and does not impact my children.



No comments: