Sunday, September 01, 2019

..and the pursuit of happiness

What makes a person happy?

Money? Security? Accomplishment?

I don’t know...

I tend to overthink my life - and my boredom hits like the tide, pulling at everything on it’s way out, and drowning everything when it comes back in.

On a 1-10, my life is about an 7-1/2, an 8 if I am being generous.

There isn’t a lot that I want.  Maybe time.  But I don’t really want time.

But I don’t know exactly what I am waiting for.

I’m not waiting on people, or more specific a person - as the people in my life have been temporary at my own doing.

I’m not waiting on validation.  Because there is a major part of me that simply doesn’t care.  In fact, I am completely numb to most things around me.

I’m not waiting on an experience.  As the experiences in my life have been remarkable and devastating both in one big bouquet.

I guess I’m waiting to see if I did it all correctly.  My choices.  My children.  My life.  The pieces are in play.

I have set it all up the way I thought it all should go.  The way that I believe it to be true.

In spite of my upbringing.  In spite of my surroundings.  In spite of my experiences.

I’m not looking forward to a later life of “happy ever after”, because I just don’t believe it exists.

I trust no one to have any of my interests at heart.  In fact I simply trust no one.  I trust me.

Maybe my own trust, is what makes me happy.

Maybe being self aware of my faults, vulnerabilities, and strengths is what makes me happy.

I’m happy, but bored.


No comments: